Legal & Compliance - Risks and Controls Testing, Associate/AVP
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Legal and Compliance Job Title:
Risks and Controls Testing, Assistant Vice President Responsibilities:
The Assistant Vice President's primary job responsibilities include:
- As part of the Blackstone compliance audit team, participate in the ongoing implementation and execution of Blackstone's risk assessment and testing program, including:
- assessing key business processes and critical business risk and controls;
- developing and updating the firm-wide risk matrix;
- documenting a written testing plan and compliance testing procedures;
- executing testing of procedures and internal controls of critical business areas;
- evaluating, documenting and presenting results of test work; and
- identifying enhancements and remedial actions required to address compliance gaps
- Assist in the testing and implementation of compliance technology systems, including trade surveillance, expense allocations, investment guideline monitoring, and position monitoring.
- Assist in remedial projects following testing observations
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational, analytical and technical skills
- 6-10 years of work experience, ideally at a major financial services firm or accounting firm working in compliance or audit; strong preference for Big 4 Risk Advisory experience
- Experience evaluating and implementing compliance systems
- Strong analytical, attention to detail and issue-spotting skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Ability to work independently but still be a strong team player
- Substantial initiative, creativity and drive
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.