Legal & Compliance - IRBD - Fund Formation Attorney, Vice President
Job Description: Legal & Compliance - IRBD Fund Formation Attorney, Vice President Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Legal & Compliance - IRBD Job Title:
IRBD Fund Formation Attorney, Vice President Job Description:
The attorney would be a part of a highly collaborative legal group and would:
- Serve as the main point person regarding advice on fund formation legal matters throughout all stages for fundraising for Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Tactical Opportunities fund products
- Assist and coordinate with outside counsel and business groups on legal matters relating to capital formation / fundraising and fund related issues with respect to investments
- Interact closely with IRBD, business teams and Blackstone's fund formation legal team
- Participate in structuring new products and other related product development initiatives
- Assist in updating and revising of investment vehicles' offering materials
- Assist in the review of investor communications and responses to investor inquiries
- Assist investment and business groups in structuring and facilitating new investments in various parts of capital structure
- 5-7 years out of law school spent practicing fund formation law
- In-house fund formation lawyer or from a law firm with a fund formation practice
- Must have technical experience and fundamental understanding of draw down funds
- Experience with open ended funds is not required but would be very helpful
- Experience drafting fund documentation
- This role requires someone to be an issue spotter, practical thinker and problem solver
- Desire to work as part of a collaborative team and willingness to embrace a variety of issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.