About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Create draft documentation using approved templates as requested and as required to support the global trading activities of SCB.
- Ensure the integrity of records by performing essential control functions (e.g., verification check in iCDMS/TCDS; four eyes check upon execution).
- To handle enquiries from customer both internally and externally.
- Ensure control and audit requirements are adhered to.
- Negotiating and drafting bespoke and vanilla Master Agreements.
- Provide timely review of all ongoing documentation, following up outstanding files and documents - escalating items to senior management and relevant stakeholder, as required.
- Ensuring quality service standards to both internal and external customers and to maintain consistency of approach.
- Perform four eyes checks and complete pre-execution and post-execution checklist.
- Work closely with front office and credit to ensure all appropriate documentation is obtained/maintained.
- Adhere to control and audit requirements by following the User's Guide and DOI's.
- Continuous review all daily processes to improve the service provided and enhance controls.
- Ensure adherence to the Bank's documentation policies.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships key stakeholders.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of Master Agreements.
- Consistency of approach to documentation for the Bank.
- Maintenance of global standards for Financial Markets documentation.
- Legal risk mitigation.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and work in collaboration with business, risk and the rest of stakeholders in line with appropriate SCB culture and values.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training in line with the function.
- Ability to apply the Bank's policy, combined with market experience to determine certain amendments to the Bank's documentation.
- Act as resource to more junior staff on matters of complexity
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Line
- Legal & Compliance
- Credit/Traded Credit Risk Management
- Credit Documentation Unit
- Collateral Management
- Markets Operations Documentation (FM Platform Data)
- CRC Operations
- Investor Services Operations
External: Bank's clients
- Support the Bank's brand and global business strategy
- Completion of all Group Mandatory e-learnings within stipulated deadlines.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .