Legal Initiative & Regulatory Reform Lawyer
Provide legal advice, strategic analysis and interpretation on legal initiatives, legislative and regulatory reforms and impact analysis on Global Market division businesses throughout the bank.
Partner, collaborate and coordinate with various including colleagues in other GC teams, compliance, front office and colleagues across the bank involved in regulatory change and legal initiatives (i.e., Regulatory Strategy and Business Change, GM Regulatory Services, Client On-boarding and Life Cycle Management, GM Operations and Data Privacy Office) where activities include:
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Advising, assisting and developing solutions on the identification, prioritization, advisory, collaboration, implementation process, governance and transition to day-to-day, ordinary course of business of various legal and regulatory reform initiatives;
- Advising, assisting, developing and or reviewing templates of agreements, amendments, playbooks and client outreach documents (disclosure, disclaimer and other communications);
- Engaging with colleagues globally across divisions, jurisdictions and regions on extra-territorial and or cross border issues;
- Participating and guiding colleagues in management and governance of various projects that may include leading and or supporting GC led work streams; and
- Supporting, engaging and coordinating with other GC functions, functions (i.e., cross border team and corporate legal group) and other impacted GC teams.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- US: J.D. and member of the Bar of the State of New York
- Equivalent work experience of at least Five plus years of financial services legal experience in law firm or broker dealer/investment banking firm or derivatives dealer with emphasis on Volcker, SEC security-based swap dealer regulations and CFTC swap dealer regulations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and legal drafting skills!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills!
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing legislation, rules and regulations;
- Ability to learn and partner with team members and internal clients and business partners; and
- Experience (or willingness to gain experience) with project prioritization, management, implementation and governance.