Legal Entity Financial Reporting
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 23 Oct 18
Legal Entity Financial Reporting
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulator. For internal reporting, FCG along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statement, balance sheet and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting, and Valuation Review.
The Legal Entity Control Group (LECG) within the FCG is responsible for legal entity governance, control and reporting. This Manager role has a focus on, but is not limited to, financial reporting (including monthly, quarterly and year end audited financial statements and presentation) and involvement with external/internal examinations and audits and also working on initiatives in the legal entity Control space as and when required
· Perform monthly close of certain balance sheet and income statement accounts, including substantiation and sign off
· Prepare monthly legal entity variance analysis
· Assist in preparing of annual audits of entities as required
· Prepare Risk Packs/Board packs for the entities managed by the team
· Work on legal entity initiatives within Americas LECG and cross-functional projects designed to renovate process and enhance reporting/controls.
· Ensure effective communication of status on projects and escalating issues noted on a timely basis
· Present financials or other projects related materials at team meetings as required
· Bachelors' Degree in Accounting
· Detailed, analytical individual with 3 to 8 years of public/private accounting experience
· Strong understanding of and experience in US GAAP financial reporting
· Efficient, motivated individual with ability to work independently
· Should be comfortable multitasking
· Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong PC Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Access) Certified Public Accountant preferred *LI-ND1