Legal Data Analyst
Bloomberg Law offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career, which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. BLAW is dependent upon our legal analysts to continue building excellent products using a unique combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial approach.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will work closely with both our business and engineering teams to help drive product development and ensure data integrity in Bloomberg Law's initiatives. We are a dynamic group that leverages our legal expertise and project management skills to manage the data operations behind various products like Litigation Analytics, Points of Law, Precedent Search and Draft Analyzer. We apply our robust domain knowledge and sharp attention to detail, analyzing data, to support new product and feature development. This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in pivoting between projects in a fast-paced environment. What's in it for you:
- You'll belong to a team responsible for data analysis and validation, user acceptance testing, vendor management, and quality assurance, among other things.
- Through legal data analysis and annotation you will get a greater understanding of our product, data, and technologies to better serve our engineers in developing the robust BLAW platform.
- You'll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for the legal profession.
- We'll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities.
Because Legal Data Analysis team members play the important role of product validation as legal experts who help Engineering understand an attorney's workflow, you must have:
If this sounds like you?
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Passed a state Bar examination and been admitted and have professional legal practice experience following law school graduation.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
- Interest in technology and development of technical skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.