A top-tier $200+ billion dollar institutional asset management in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Legal Counsel with 3 - 5+ years of legal experience within the investment management industry at a top-tier law firm. The role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work directly for the Chief Executive Officer, Americas and the Global Head of Legal at a firm which manages equity, fixed income and multi-asset strategies.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for all legal matters with respect to the Americas and in accordance with Group policies. The Legal Counsel will report to the CEO, Americas and to the Global Head of Legal.
- Manage internal relations with Legal. Establish and monitor the Legal budget and annual function goals for Legal. Manage outside counsel for cost-efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a proactive member of the Global Legal team through driving a culture of compliance and risk while representing vision, values, goals, capabilities and strategic agenda for the Americas.
- Manage legal risks for the Americas.
- Partner with and support all functions by providing requisite legal advice and interpretation of laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements for the Americas. Maintain the document management system for the Americas.
Litigation / Mediation / Disputes
- Manage all litigation, mediation and other legal disputes for the Americas including developing and implementing appropriate strategies.
Policies and Rules
- Be responsible for the maintenance of all legal rules and policies for the Americas.
- Manage and administer corporate governance including shareholder and board meetings for the Americas.
Regulatory Issues / Inspections
- Provide support to Compliance and Risk functions as appropriate in identifying and resolving regulatory and risk issues. Assist Compliance during inspections and on inspection-related matters and regulator relations.
- Attorney with 3 - 5+ years of investment management legal experience at a top-tier law firm / asset management firm.
- Ideally, cross border experience and an appreciation of global jurisdictional and cultural issues (not required).
- Law Degree