Bloomberg's Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and Information Company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program. Project overview:
The Legal department is supporting the implementation of a comprehensive internal contract clause library. Our contract templates will be digitalized by categorizing and annotating all legal and commercial terms for the purpose of using the data in a machine learning model using AI (Artificial Intelligence). The clause library will improve the tracking of clauses in templates while producing efficiencies in the new template creation process. It will also support the metadata to automatically feed to downstream systems (such as SAP), which will enable sophisticated search functionality and improve management reporting. What's the role?
We are looking for a Data Annotation Specialist to join the Legal team on a temporary basis for a period of approximately 12 months. You will be part of a project team including Bloomberg Legal, Engineering, and Finance departments which will support the structured and systematic capturing of legal and commercial terms across our contract templates. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Correctly identify, categorize, and annotate a wide variety of contractual terms across a range of Bloomberg products and services
- Meet deadlines and diligently decide when to escalate to the project team for discussion
- Fully understand the project vision, identify process and technology improvement opportunities, and provide continuous feedback
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent (law degree not required)
- Experience in annotating/categorizing legal and commercial contractual terms and conditions
- Experience with legal technology platforms
- An understanding of legal clauses within technology or financial industry contracts
- An ability to swiftly and diligently process data in accordance with the given guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong attention to detail
If this sounds like you:
- Strong interpersonal skills with a solution-based mind-set
- An independent thinker with a positive can-do attitude
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and is able to work independently and proactively
- An interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- A background in reviewing licensing contracts
- Collaborative team player
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
"Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.