Legal - VP, Assistant General Counsel, Corporate & Investment Bank U.S. Equities
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation's lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
There is a current vacancy for an Equity Derivatives Attorney within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Legal Department.
The position will entail drafting ISDA based Confirmations and Mater Confirmations for complex OTC equity derivatives transactions, supporting the documentation group and advising sales and trading, with respect to rules and regulations that affect OTC equity derivatives transactions. Products include swaps, forwards, stock hedging and monetization transactions, collars, options. Strong experience and familiarity with the ISDA 2002 Equity Derivatives Definitions, ISDA Master Agreement is required. Knowledge of the '33 Act & '34 Act, 2011 Equity Definitions, clearing. Dodd-Frank, bankruptcy and collateral issues, bank regulatory issues (Reg K, Reg W), stock borrow and lending, high net worth clients, and hedge funds is a plus.
- At least 5 years equity derivatives experience with a major law firm or financial firm
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external client relationships-required
- Experience preparing legal documentation-required
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.