Legal - Paralegal I - Corporate & Investment Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillionand operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financialservices for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financialtransaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow JonesIndustrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers inthe United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
TheLegal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision oflegal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups thatgenerally align with the Corporation's lines of business and corporate staffareas. This structure encourages legal teams, businesses and staff todiscuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timelymanner.
Therole includes work on attorney and department administration, transactionassistance, document review and drafting, basic legal research and strategicinitiatives, including:
- meeting scheduling and management,and coordinating schedules
- expense processing
- onboarding and off-boarding ofemployees
- substantive document review
- document drafting basic projectmanagement work
- transaction management work
- database searches
- file creation, organization and maintenance
- activelyparticipate in department projects and strategic initiatives
- preparation of presentationmaterials
Day to day duties includescheduling and managing the calendar of a busy team, including schedulingmeetings and appointments, logistics coordination, processing expensestatements, coordinating travel schedules and reserving conference rooms asnecessary. Daily routine also includes interaction with various executive levelinternal clients across the lines of businesses and control functions. Theduties and functions will require confidentiality, initiative, sounddecision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious orunique problems to higher levels.
Prepareand edit impactful and well-designed presentations and reports. Createand maintain online content (e.g., intranet). Develop appropriate trackers fordocument review projects. Maintain Practice Group specific policies andprocedures. Assist in developing and coordinating meeting agendas andrecording follow-ups, take-aways and action items from meetings.
Review,negotiate and draft routine legal documentation (such as non-disclosureagreements) with the supervision of an attorney.
Telephonecoverage for team. Proactively manage the calendars of multiple team membersand work effectively to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, whichmay involve numerous time zones. Coordinate group coverage (e.g.,vacations, training and temporary assistance). Book international &domestic travel arrangements and organize itineraries with minimal supervision.Process timely and accurate travel expense reports and coordinate withattorneys and Legal Billing Unit on outside counsel invoices/billing issues.Develop and maintain electronic and hard copy files as needed in accordancewith firm policies. Assist with staff onboarding and off-boarding. Managegeneral office administrative needs.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with demanding deadlines and international colleagues.
- Willing and able to learn the business, the firm and all stakeholders, clients, control function partners and employees.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Works well individually and in teams with the ability to build strong networks and relationships, share information, and support colleagues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to suggest and implement change to improve operational efficiency.
- Support peers to assist with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Effective and creative problem-solving and trouble shooting ability, comfortable making decisions and taking ownership of a task.
- Establish and maintain open communication policies with peers and managers globally, and develop a strong internal network to support the department and to quickly define solutions to identified issues.
- Maintain familiarity with all department policies and technology updates and take a lead role in change management.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience as a paralegal with a large law firm or a financial institution would be a plus but not required.
- Proven technical skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.), Adobe Professional and SharePoint, with demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new technology such as document management, matter and spend management systems.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, proactive, and flexible. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent telephone skills and executive presence.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- To be considered for thisrole, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue