Learning Support/Facilitator (part-time)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The purpose of this role is to support the America's Learning Agenda as directed by the Head of Learning Europe and America. The role holder will manage local learning requirements and facilitate group learning programs. Role holder will develop implement / deliver the most effective learning interventions, which are in alignment to Group Standards.
Business, Customers and Learners
- Accountable for developing and implementing learning plans/calendar in alignment to Americas business priorities and Group Learning agendas.
- Execute the agreed learning calendar for the Americas and ensure they are rolled out and executed within the stipulated timelines
- Conduct learning needs review to meet business learning requirements working with Head of Learning Europe and America
- Support and Deliver Professional & Leadership Development Programs based on Needs Assessments.
- Collaborate and partner with HRBPs and Head of HR in driving training initiatives and learning strategies to meet Business needs and people development agenda.
- Provides regular feedback to team members on sharing of best practices which can be replicated by other team members.
- Support the design and implementation of local learning plan for both the assigned segments that is focussed on improving financial performance.
- Ensure the efficient and effective rollout of relevant global- programs by leveraging local support
- Engage and partner with HRBPs / Head of HR in scheduling training to meet business resource capacity plans
- Collaborate with business stakeholders for respective segments to ensure that content development is in line with business needs and meets the needs of the customer and the learner.
- Ensure appropriate deployment of training methodology
- Work with Group Learning teams to develop/customize appropriate learning solutions as and where required.
- Contextualization, maintenance and delivery of country-specific learning programmes/interventions, ensuring SCB design standards are met and 70:20:10 methodology promoted
Governance, Audit, Process, Management Information Systems (MIS), Analytics, Budgets
- Embed the principles of Group Learning Framework, ensuring full compliance with all relevant regulatory Group and local guidelines.
- Ensure that we are audit ready for all audits / compliance reviews to be cleared.
- Ensure proper recording of learning activity
- Partner and collaborate with LSSC & HR Service Delivery for the adherence to Americas' Learning governance guidelines, compliance and local regulatory requirements.
- Periodic review of our in-house technical courses to ensure alignment to Industry Competency Standards.
- Define and agree on training evaluation standards with business to demonstrate the effectiveness of Learning intervention
Group Learning Team and Regional and Country Learning / HR Head
- Deliver Global and Local learning solutions and certification frameworks that are aligned to Group,
- Maintain active involvement in relevant Group projects like on-boarding processes new segment specific trainings.
- Collaborate with the Group learning team to create business solutions, maintaining both structured and informal communication networks with the Group learning team as appropriate.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Toolkits for marketing and communication for the Learning Experience Platform and 3 rd party content
- Ongoing updates on Bridge pages and other portals
- Templates for running virtual sessions
- Actively involved in relevant Group projects
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head of HR Americas
- External vendors
- Group learning team
- Head of Learning, EA
- Key Business Partners - Lines of Business in Americas
- Experience Design Team
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Training roles.
- Possess strong facilitation skills and experience in delivering respective training programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the banking industry.
- A passion for learning and the development of effective learning methodology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills and influencing capability
- Organisation / Administration and project management skills
- Comfort level of dealing with C - Level Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .