Lead Sustainable Finance Analyst -North America
Lead Sustainable Finance Analyst - North America The Location:
New York, Washington, or San Francisco (other North American locations also considered) The Role:
This role is similar to that of a Ratings Lead Analyst, with responsibility for a Sustainable Finance POD comprising six members (analysts + support). The role will require balancing various internal and external stakeholders. The lead analyst will report to Mike Ferguson, Americas Analytical Manager for Sustainable Finance The Team:
We are responsible for developing and growing new sustainability projects, as well as helping to embed ESG in Credit Ratings. The Impact:
Given increased relevance of ESG in financial markets, this role will help improve S&P's credibility in addressing this major risk
It also represents a significant area of potential growth for the company, as ESG has become a priority across S&P Global in recent years and will continue to be going forward. What's in it for you:
- Highly public and market facing role.
- Growth opportunity within the Analytical Innovation practice of the Ratings division.
- An exciting and engaging team that works with the entirety of the ratings practice.
- Some Travel Ability (after Covid)
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Coordinate with the rating practices with regards to the roll out/delivery of Sustainable Finance products in the Americas (External Reviews & Opinions: ESG Evaluation, Green & Social/Sustainability Evaluations and Framework Alignment Opinions);
- Coordinate analytical work within the POD, coach, develop analysts within the POD, supervise quality of evaluations produced within the POD (quality of customer service, customer interactions, quality of recommendation, written report, etc.)
- Senior Sustainable Finance expert in external engagements (Market outreach, customer interactions, ESG Evaluation preparedness meetings);
- Subject matter expert to support rating practices for ESG in ratings;
- Standing member of the Sustainable Finance External Reviews & Opinions Steering Group;
- Contribute, as the Sustainable Finance expert for North America, to individual Sustainable Finance External Reviews & Opinions (either as primary evaluator or reviewer);
- Research and write thought leadership articles;
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of our Sustainable Finance External Review & Opinions analytical approach;
- Be a champion of analytical and customer service excellence in the sustainable finance field
- Contribute to seamless working environment across the Sustainable Finance group
- Success will be measured by:
- Quality of External Reviews & Opinions produced by the POD (analytical excellence, quality of written reports, customer service);
- Capacity to establish an effective partnership with other rating practices, to allow an orderly delivery of Sustainable Finance strategy;
- Capacity to lead the POD;
- Contribution to ESG and Green Evaluation Steering group meetings as well as to thought leadership and market engagement;
- Compliance with relevant policies and procedures;
- At least seven years of relevant analytical experience, preferably in the field of Sustainable finance and within the North America region, with some bias towards science-based, sustainability and governance qualifications as well as finance/economics
- Strong communications skills and ability to represent the company at variety of high profile external conferences related to sustainable finance topics.
- A good knowledge of S&P Global Ratings' methodologies and analytical approaches, especially related to Sustainable Finance, would be a plus.
- Significant interest in and knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Governance Risk Factors.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Chartered Financial Analyst/MBA or equivalent
- Language skills beyond English
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $230,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings EEO Statement
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262020 Posted On:
San Francisco, California, United States