Lead Software Engineer
S&P Global Platts is looking for an experienced Lead Python Developer to join our team, full-time. An ideal candidate will be a key player in the growth and development of this brand new platform. Not only will they play a significant role in the planning, development and deployment of the product, but they will also aid in the internal management and growth of the team. They should be comfortable handling new challenges involving emerging technologies. The candidate must follow best practices for software development and has experience building reusable and maintainable application code for future projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a software engineering team while working closely with product management, quality assurance and business analysts.
- Hands on experience developing with Python and frameworks such as Flask and Django
- Strong experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud platforms
- Experience working with various SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Take leadership role in collecting and documenting product requirements alongside the product management organization and translate them to a technical design
- Proven experience working with an Agile framework mindset
- Desire to work with a highly collaborative team located onshore and offshore
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Prior experience building a strong software engineering team
- Domain knowledge in financial services industry is a big plus