Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Software Development Engineer
Cloud Native Development represents the next phase in the advancement of our digital transformation and is a significant evolution for MasterCard. We continue to grow our engineering organization to support aggressive growth plans. MasterCard is seeking a Consultant, Software Engineering to lead the development of cloud native platforms. This position requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop Scalable, Resilient, highly responsive and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable (Both Private and Public cloud).
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions.
• Provides mentorship to junior resources on the team.
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Considered a thought leader and expert in Software Engineering as with experience in related engineering disciplines
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
• Extensive experience in application development, infrastructure, security, automation and cloud orchestration.
• Create proof of concepts and provide trade-off analysis on choosing technology stack to solve different business problems
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.