: Lead Software Developer The Team:
Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Impact:
The work you do will be used every single day, it's the essential code you'll write that provides the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets. What's in it for you:
• Build a career with a global company
• Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
• Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
• Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in Agile software development environment
• Develop tools and applications by producing clean, high quality and efficient code
• Develop solutions to develop/support key business needs
• Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
• Produce system design documents and participate actively in technical walkthroughs
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
• As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture
What We're Looking For:
Expand experience with modern cutting-edge technologies like Streaming technologies, Dev Ops, and cloud technologies.
Willingness to learn & master new technologies. We cross-train team members, for a versatile Full Stack experience. Responsibilities
• Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development, and support of tech solutions
• Work as a lead in prioritizing work for the team and provide technical guidance to execute work.
• Ability to manage junior developers by resolving their technical and business requirements questions.
• Ability to work with stakeholders and product owners to size the project work.
• Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
• Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
• Document and demonstrate solutions using technical design docs, diagrams, and stubbed code
• Work collaboratively with business partners to understand and clarify requirements.
• Design and develop industry-leading applications.
• Respond to and resolve production issues. What We're Looking For:
Nice To Have:
- 3 years of experience React
- 1-3 year of experience typescript
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- 5+ years of significant experience in Application Development.
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, Cross-browser Compatibility, Responsive UI
- Good understanding of Design Principles & excellent communication skills
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development
- Understanding of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker concepts.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Very good communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in working with Typescript.
- Hands-on experience working in AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- AWS Certified
11 The Location:
Hybrid in Princeton, NJ or NYC (preferred) - open to virtual Compensation/Benefits Information (This section is only applicable to US candidates):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,40 . Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan. About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep, and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation, and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
291043 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States