Lead Software Developer
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Lead Software Developer
The Content system development team is responsible for data ingestion and normalization of various contents for Market Intelligence products. This team is made of expert developers who understand how to deliver foundational pieces that impact most major areas of the platform.
The Impact: This team provides Investment Research, News and Real-time pricing data to the products that our clients use on a daily basis. In doing so the team has a large role to play in delivering our quality data in a deeply stable and performant manner that clients can depend on.
What's in it for you:
Are you looking for an environment that challenges you daily? Do you love working with complex data? Does a position where you can impact the business and product directly excite you? We provide our developers the chance to work in a reciprocal environment and the opportunity to:
• You work on a core part of the core platform
• You collaborate with many partners of various parts of our product
• Working for next generation ETL tools
Designs, develops, analyses, debugs and maintains software applications and technologies to meet user requirements. Develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. Participates in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as appropriate.
What We're Looking For:
• Develops and maintains software applications of various types
• Provides support to analysts and co-workers with application issues as needed.
• Reads, understands, and fleshes out requirements to be implemented. Provides technical input and advice on implementation strategies.
• Implements completed designs from specifications.
• Completes system maintenance, system problem solving and bug fixing.
• Completes other assignments and tasks as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
• 6+ years of experience in application development using C++, Java, C#, WPF, ASP.NET and modern web technologies.
• Meaningful experience working in Microsoft SQL Server or other database technologies.
• Extensive experience working in all phases of development cycle and within a team environment.
• Extensive technical training in new and emerging development technologies and design patterns.
• Any prior experience in financial industry is a big plus
• Any prior experience with NoSQL databases, distributed cache, and full text search engines is a plus.
• Understanding of architectural patterns and techniques
• Ability to resolve functional and performance issues using various techniques such as debugging and profiling
• Proven success as a problem solver