Lead Security Engineer, Crypto
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to become a key part of a team of cyber security professionals that are executing a pivotal role in protecting and defending the nation's critical infrastructure. The Lead Engineer, Cyber Defense Engineering will be responsible for operating a highly important Cyber Defense Encryption function and leading a small team of skilled engineers. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual who is looking for an opportunity in the Cyber Defense arena and wishes to grow within an organization. Position Responsibilities
- Lead a small team of Cyber Defense Engineers supporting the primary goal of Global Information Security - Cyber Defense, with a focus on Cryptographic Technologies and emerging crypto patterns
- Create and Execute Cyber Defense solutions as directed by Cyber Defense management and in accordance with CME's Cyber Defense Roadmap
- Manage projects according to project plans with a keen eye to objective delivery, cost adherence and minimizing risk
- Contribute to and Manage a rolling 18-24 month plan/roadmap, gain approval for said plan and execute said plan in accordance with Cyber Defense Service Lifecycle (CDSL), ie ITIL v3-2011 Service Principles
- Maintain acute industry awareness of; Cyber Defense Product Landscape, emerging and rising threat landscape and the latest/newest protocols/techniques/evolution in Cyber Security/Cyber Defense with a focus on Encryption Technologies and emerging Encryption patterns
- Create complete Service Designs including, but not limited to, Technical Requirement Documents, Proof of Concept use cases, Technology Engineering Documents, Service Operations Guides, etc.
- Perform operational knowledge transfer to associated support and consumer organizations
- 10+ years in IT Engineering and\or Cyber Security Engineering
- Solid working knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Certification preferred)
- A good understanding of Industry Security standards (ie ISO27001/2, NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of technical leadership and information analysis
- Ability to multi-task
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) designing, engineering, implementing, operating and supporting a Cryptographic Infrastructure consisting of such elements as; Enterprise Key Management System (EKMS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP), Keyed-Hash Message Authentication Code (HMAC), Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM), etc. for Data-at-Rest, Data-in-Transit and Data-in-Use.
- Solid understanding of High Availability, System Resiliency, Systems Design & Engineering, Databases and Web technologies.
- A solid understanding of Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), particularly Crypto implementations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; must build strong relationships with partners (internally and externally)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Proven execution capabilities. Success oriented. Ability to work under pressure, owning and meeting critical deadlines.