Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major metals producer looking to hire a Senior Aluminum Analyst to join the team in their US branch.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Create and develop aluminium research and strategic planning across the US and South American regions including primary/secondary aluminum, casthouse products/VAP, scrap etc.
- Analysis of aluminum supply and demand in the US e.g. smelter production, buying capacity from rolling mills, extruders etc.
- Utilise expertise of key players and competitors within the aluminum space to conduct high-quality market reports, as well as identifying new business opportunities for the company to increase their overall market share
- Conduct price forecasting analysis and identify opportunities to the sales team through trade flow analysis, new application demand and market risk research
- Reports into Global Head of Intelligence
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a research/analytical role within the aluminum/metals/mining sector, either for a trading house, producer or research firm
- Experienced with creating and sustaining successful marketing strategies to contribute to the overall commercial success of the sales and marketing teams
- Strong background within the aluminum industry with good knowledge of the Americas supply/demand market trends and key market participants (base metals experience can also be considered, e.g. copper, nickel, zinc, lead, tin)
- Fluent English, additional languages a benefit
- Located in New York / US or happy to relocate