Lead Manager, Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure Lead Manager
- Assess the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology and tools, makes and implements recommendations to ensure infrastructure environment is secure, efficient and update standards -enhancing the reliability, Resiliency and efficiency of the IT infrastructure-.
- Leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design for Cloud Migrations
- Analyzes trends to develop strategy for the implementation of upgrades that will enhance the reliability, Resiliency and efficiency of the IT infrastructure.
- Provides leadership to execute project plans and performance requirements for all stages/phases through the management of human capital resources.
- Works closely with external vendor, internal partners and business teams to find solutions to major infrastructure problems.
- Uses broad IT knowledge to direct strategy in ensuring infrastructure is designed to best accommodate the development and testing processes.
- Acts as escalation point for major incidents, leads and participates in their resolution. Leads strategy to increase automation across the organization.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
Defining and reviewing development processes together with Dev Managers while adhering to the company standards
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processe
- Investigate and resolve deployment issues
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working together with Enterprise Experts and DevOps Champions to promote usage of latest standards
- Release management and code promotion from development to production environments on our internal cloud (Nexen, Greenfield)
- Manages small to medium-sized team responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Manages systems management and integration functions. Participates in defining the methodology of the department and plans management and engineering releases. Manages implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations.Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Manages the integration of new technologies into the company environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Manages and tracks staffing on projects to ensure that initiatives are implemented in an efficient manner. Works in conjunction with the Senior Manager to coordinate with necessary vendors. Collects data on infrastructure projects and performance for senior management to evaluate. Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of infrastructure operations team members, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Maintain senior level business and operations relationships to ensure business needs are addressed. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- At least 8+years of extensive experience in Java, JEE, AppServers, WebServers, REST Service and Webservice
- 8-10 years of experience in System Analysis, Design, Development, and Operational Support on various platforms
- Practical understanding of Gitlab CI/CD, Docker and basic knowledge of cloud architectures and components
- Hands on Knowledge with Cloud products like Microsoft Azure/ AWS / GCP
- Strong problem-solving skills
- General DevOps practices
- Practical knowledge of Unix shell scripting or Python
- Extensive experience with modern web technologies and frameworks (one or more of Angular, React) is strongly preferred
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624} Requisition Number: