Lead Manager - Project/Program Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 18 Oct 18
Lead Manager - Project/Program Management
BNY Mellon is a global bank with a central role in the world'sfinancial markets.
Risk Technology, Markets, is responsible for supporting riskmanagement across the markets division of BNY Mellon. The markets division is responsible for allcapital markets and market making activities within BNY Mellon, globally. As atechnology group, Markets Risk Technology covers market and counterparty risk,capital calculation; risk based margining as well as supporting the strategic buildout of front-office risk technology to support the strong growth in our marketsbusiness.
BNY Mellon is currently undergoing a major expansion of itsmarkets business. This role, and the team, are critical for the buildout ofthis organization and its capabilities.
This includes the buildout of newbusiness lines on existing platforms as we embark on a strategic expansion ranging from risk management systems, to legaltechnology, to FX and front-office trading; involving multiple systemsinterfaces; all with high business complexity and highly visible to theorganization.
This is a Program Management role, working within Markets RiskTechnology, with organizational/program and project management responsibility forthe delivery of projects / programs across the US; EMEA and APAC.
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growingbusiness and develop a career in an expanding markets business that isunderpinned by the capacity of one of the largest asset management firms in theworld.
The successfulindividual will:
• Be responsible for managing,directing and planning one or more than one, complex programs consisting of oneor more project teams
• Be responsible for coordinating,scheduling and assigning project tasks, teambuilding, maintaining workingrelationships with client functional areas outside of IT and be the primarycontact point to the customer on all projects as required
• Manage Stakeholder relationships byensuring stakeholder expectations are understood and managed accordingly;includes stakeholder communications & participation, maintaining a strongcustomer focus
• Co-ordinate technical designincluding the estimation, planning, scope and requirements for the Program,building and assuring stakeholder and third party relationships
• Ensure the work of the project,including requirements and deliverables, are clearly defined
• Apply the Bank project/programdevelopment methodologies and assure compliance to the relevant internaldelivery lifecycle and standards for delivery
• Act as primary point of contact tohandle project issues, risks and dependencies as well as manage changes toproject scope
• Be responsible for setting up andmaintaining appropriate governance forums and reporting/ escalation lines
• Confirm program success criteria andmanage accordingly
• Monitor project / program budgets, actuals andforecasts and; maintaining financial plans with accurate, up-to-dateinformation in a timely manner; reporting in governance meetings as required
• Ensure financial standards & processes including accruals, software capitalization,procurement & external payments are followed
• Prepare decks including regular financial reports forsenior governance meetings including Program Steering Committees.
• Promote and develop effectiveindividual and team performance including monitoring, evaluating andcontrolling project performance across a globally distributed program(s).
Required Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years strong program/projectmanagement experience, strong track record in matrix management and deliveringlarge / complex multiple year projects or programs; with the ability to operatein a global context. Must be experienced in the planning, execution andreporting aspects of project and program management.
• PMI CAPM, PMP and/or ITILcertification required or committed to acquiring within a 2 year period fromdate of hire; ITIL a plus.
• Knowledge of IT infrastructuretechnologies and how they integrate. Possess an introductoryunderstanding of application programming, database, system design, internet,extranet, intranet & client/server architectures.
• Ability to build consensus, influenceothers and negotiate compromise. Be a true "team player" thatenjoys challenges and is highly motivated, self-directed and resultsoriented.
• Use developed verbal/writtencommunications, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must have strong background in thefinancial industry, whether financial services, capital markets, brokerage,wealth management or other banking domains. Must have familiarity with riskmanagement, front-office trading systems, vendor management, and modeling and reportingsystems
• Must hold at least a Bachelor'sdegree, preferably in business management or a related discipline.
• Be able to secure, lead, motivate and inspire internal &external resources required to deliver the programs.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45267
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1813743