Lead Data Scientist
- Market related
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GQR Global Markets
- 03 Sep 18
Lead Data Scientist role available in top performing Hedge Fund in New York, working with $300billion in assets
The Data Science team is expanded and looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist to become a driving force in developing the team. You will be utilizing Natural Language Processing (NLP), neural networks (Artificial Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent neural network) as well as multiple types of data (both financial, and non-financial, structured and unstructured).
You will be researching to aid the development of trading systems using predictive algorithms to analyse collections of financial market and non-financial data.
The role will involve the development of solutions using various analytical techniques for the Market Conduct predictive analytics, developing deployment strategy and providing framework for change management, predictive analytics strategies and models, their prototyping and implementation.
- PhD or PhD candidate in machine learning, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
- Substantial deep learning research experience in an area such as computer vision, natural language processing or generic machine learning
- Practical, "hands-on" experience in one or more deep learning technologies such as ANNs, CNNs, RNNs, and LSTMs
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- A leader within the research field shown with peer reviewed publications such as with IEEE
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Curiosity about financial markets.
- Strong scientific programming in Python, R or Matlab.