Lead Cyber Risk Expert
Lead Cyber Risk Expert Grade 13 (for internal purposes) Location:
London or New York The Team
The Analytical Innovation team is a new multi-disciplinary team that focuses on developing new analytical products for S&P Global Ratings and discovering new analytical and data science techniques that will differentiate our analytical research and insights from our competitors.
We are setting up a new center of excellence at S&P Global Ratings for understanding and assessing how companies are managing cyber and digital risks with a mix of external cyber risk expertise and internal analytical expertise. The Impact
The business impact is centered on helping S&P Global Ratings go beyond credit ratings, research and opinions with meaningful insights and opinions on how companies are exposed to cyber-attacks and managing exposure to digital risks.
As a member of this team, you will develop cyber risk expertise and be responsible for raising the skill level of 1,500 analysts in how cyber risk impacts our credit ratings and help to develop and launch a new cyber risk governance assessment.
After setting up the center of excellence and launching the product, career path options after 3 years are likely to be (1) a cyber governance expert focused on delivering the new assessments on companies, (2) a research leader focused on digital risks and governance thought leadership and training, or (3) continue innovating and work on the next new analytical insight for S&P Global Ratings. Responsibilities
What we're looking for Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- Act as subject matter expert for cyber risks information security based on existing in-depth knowledge of information security processes and strategies and continuous education to expand knowledge and competencies.
- Understand the product brief for new Cyber risk governance assessment.
- Contribute to iterative methodology and tool development by the team.
- Test ideas with S&P analysts and pilot companies subject to policy role limitations.
- Continually communicate with and educate team members on findings to raise the capabilities of the team and reinforce team development / learning goals.
- Actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to learn what works best, be practically implemented, and what fits into core expectations demanded by customers of the S&P Global Ratings brand, subject to policy role limitations.
- Develop & deliver training curriculum on cyber and digital risks and trends on a continual basis.
- Develop analytical procedures, templates and guidance to optimize the time it takes to produce an assessment.
- Actively contribute to a high-performance team culture
- Demonstrate the appropriate workplace behaviors and partnership and collaboration across the organization and following a measurable process that we use to develop analytical products and ideas in compliance with the Policy roles.
- Foster and champion Diversity and Inclusion initiatives by supporting structural and cultural frameworks to encourage innovation, knowledge-share, and professional growth. Lead by example to catalyze innovation across the team.
- Partnering with other departments in S&P Global Ratings to ensure that our tactical solutions fit with our enterprise-wide approach to data, technology, and Compliance to help scale operations post launch.
- Experience in designing systems and procedures to manage cyber risk from within a company, consulting, regulating or law enforcement. Reformed hackers can still apply
- Track record of working on projects
- Curiosity to research new ideas is essential.
- Willingness to learn new skills and get hands-on with tasks needed to deliver projects
- Highly credible to internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work independently, think strategically and proven diagnostic ability are critical
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. US Candidates Only
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $134,400 to $279,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265280 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom