Lead Corporate Marketing and Event Management Specialist
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This role is responsible for promoting and advancing CME Group's global image on a global scale across all major audiences through events, corporate initiatives, sponsorship's and conferences. The position supports the company's overall corporate marketing, event management strategies and assists with developing and implementing marketing campaigns. This requires experience tracking data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings, trade shows and events; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
Responsible as an event manager for assisting with the planning and execution of CME group event and brand initiatives in both domestic and international regions. Responsibilities
Plans and executes CME Group internal and external special events and conferences, delivering world class events to meet business goals and objectives of Client Development and Sales and other teams across the organization.
Assists in measuring event success through post event feedback and briefs and identifying key learning and improvements for repeat events.
Ensures brand standards are consistently applied across all digital and physical event assets.
Works closely with product marketing managers to implement approved communications for promoting events; assist with establishing communication protocols and operating procedures with the event team, outside vendors, and product marketing and sales teams.
Directs team for procurement and design approval of all premium items via the *Gifts channel. Researches and procures premium items for specific events or product marketing campaigns.
Proactively researches venues and event concepts; updates event management database following events and establishes and maintains relationships with venues and hospitality vendors.
Represent CME Group at related functions and ensure representation at key events.
Responsible for budget and invoice management and processing. Principal Accountabilities and Job Requirements
• Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment and juggle diverse/multiple projects - both senior management and cross functional teams
• Education: Bachelor's Degree. Preferably in marketing, communications or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in Event Planning and Meeting Management
• Strong project management, written and oral communications skills. Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with online event registration and management tools
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with quickly shifting priorities
• Proficient in Marketing Automation Software (Pardot), Jira, Smartsheet
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web-based search. Adobe Photoshop a plus