Lead Business Analyst
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Description
We are seeking a Business Analyst (BA) or both functional and technical analysis work across a variety of internal systems and related projects. We are looking for someone who will work collaboratively with stakeholders and the development team to research, elicit, analyze, validate and document requirements, and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect the true business needs of the stakeholders and end users. This position requires an individual who is business process oriented, can understand and decompose complex processes and is able to effectively communicate when issues and challenges arise. Responsibilities
• Collaborates with business partners within one or more business organizations to align technology solutions with business strategies.
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business.
• Partners with technical teams on story creation, backlog grooming, and other Scrum processes.
• Leads and/or assists with the analysis and documentation of complex process workflows, future-state conceptual system designs, user interfaces, impact analysis, data and process flows, use-cases, and other types of functional and technical documentation.
• Understands technical complexities, relate to the team, provide insight into the accuracy of estimations, identify risks and propose solutions, and otherwise provide insights for all members of the working team and stakeholders.
• Performs detailed data profiling activities to validate requirements, maintain data lineage of the applications and documents the detailed data flow between different sub-systems.
• Responsible for various deliverables such as use-cases, data flows, process flows, impact analyses, and other project artifacts and process work.
• Educates project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology.
• Ensures requirements are accurate and consistent in all requirement tracking systems.
• Assists with smoke testing and provide validation during the development and deployment.
• Works with teams across the organization in effectively pushing the project forward. Qualifications
• At least 3 years of direct experience in business analysis and requirements management
• Strong attention to detail
• High level understanding of various automation technologies like RPA, low code solutions, workflow tools etc.
• Superb follow-through; propensity to approach tasks and goals with an ownership mentality
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with teams & stakeholders
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Proven ability to work in a high demand environment
• Pro-active problem-solver willing to help achieve project success
• Agile frameworks knowledge and a working knowledge of Jira a plus
• Prior involvement in projects involving Appian preferred
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.