Lead, Application Developer
S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Lead Application Developer - On our Real-Time Index Systems Team Grade
: 11 The Location:
Virtual The Team:
We are seeking a Technology Lead to be a key player in the implementation of our Global Real-time Index Platform that runs major headline indices like S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages. The Impact
: The technologist will design and implement mission critical real-time index systems and develop complex index calculation algorithms. The candidate will interact with stock exchanges, market data providers to ingest & process real-time market data including Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options. What's in it for you:
The candidate will help the business meet its commitment to the global financial community by powering the markets on a real-time basis and ensuring a high-level of availability of our indices.
As part of the core S&PDJI Technology team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on innovative technologies, work closely with Index business stakeholders and participate in formulating the technology strategy to support & grow the Index business. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Design and develop industry-leading applications for SPDJI's 24x7 Global Real-time Index Calculation Platform.
- Hands-on design & development for building multi-threaded Java applications for real-time computing and data distribution.
- Interface real-time applications with external market data providers and distributors.
- Define system, network infrastructure, bandwidth requirements for real-time index calculation systems.
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science desirable.
- Five years' experience as a technical lead responsible for developing applications for the financial industry.
- Experience with real-time calculation systems and high-speed/low latency systems.
- Strong hands-on experience with core Java & JMS in a multi-threaded environment.
- Strong Oracle database, PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate & caching frameworks.
- Experience in integrating market data feeds from Wombat, Thomson Reuters, IDC etc.
- Experience with Market Data such as Equity, Commodities, Forex, Options asset classes.
- Experience with Financial applications such as Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Portfolio Investment modeling or Trading Platforms.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Angular and ReactJS.
- Experience with Python development along with frameworks like Flask, Django or Pyramid.
- Experience in Big Data with NoSQL products like Cassandra, Cloudera.
- Experience in high performance, low latency messaging products like Kafka, ZeroMQ.
- Experience in building solutions with AWS managed services.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com. North America
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
255665 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States