Lead Analyst, Admin & Planning
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 22 Apr 19
Lead Analyst, Admin & Planning
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Markets offers innovative solutions and services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology to help clients solve their trading, financing, liquidity and collateral needs. With teams located across three continents and 28 locations, Markets provides seamless global coverage for clients delivering a suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management, segregation, liquidity, fixed income and equity solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced team at the heart of our Markets business. The CAO team supports the Markets business in the execution of its day-to-day responsibilities, strategic business planning and evolutionary initiatives to position the business for long term success. This role will directly support the CAO team, Business Partners and Markets staff, on a wide range of projects and initiatives, and have ongoing responsibilities that positively impact the Markets business. The successful candidate will enjoy juggling a variety of projects and working across a broad spectrum of initiatives. BNY Mellon is dedicated to the development of its employees and high performers are provided with increased responsibility and the opportunity to progress.
• Support Chief Administrative Officers with day-to-day responsibilities and strategic initiatives
• Analyze and review processes and procedures to identify areas of improvement, including opportunities for automation and optimization
• Drive and execute strategic initiatives, with a focus on revenue growth, cost reduction, and risk reduction
• Engage in various project work streams, act as a coordinator and leader for Markets, providing creative input and thoughtful analysis
• Under the direction of Managers for the business or function supported or Specialist, Sr. Specialist or Principal, Admin & Planning, undertakes projects of significant impact within the business or function.
• Provides support on moderately complex projects related to budget, business plans, risk-related items, and implementation of policies, standards, and/or processes.
• Reviews project implementation status and provides feedback Project Leads, Planning Consultants or senior managers. Makes recommendations to improve project status.
• Conducts advanced research and data analysis to assist with strategic management initiatives.
• Works with the business or function management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes within the business or function.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required, preferably in Finance or related area of study. 4-6 years of experience in financial services or business partner function preferred; experience in the securities industry is a plus.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Highly motivated and delivery focused, with strong organizational and analytical skills. Possess an exceptional attention to detail. Team player, with the ability to build valuable working relationships. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70700
Job: Global Markets
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1905171