Lead - Data and Content Mgmt (Innovation/Cross-Sector)
JobDescription : The Team:
The S&P Global Ratings Data and Content Management team is a new team tasked with unlocking data & delivering content to our analysts and customers. The team acts as the main point of engagement with our customers on projects, including analytical partners, to discover and drive new and enhanced content creation through definitions, lineage, mapping, readiness, and inventory. The team ensures availability of content and its end-to-end completeness and quality for both internal and external use, according to our governance standards, enabling customers to make fast, informed decisions. The team sits within our Operating Office, as part of the broader Data & Content team, and works in close partnership with many teams throughout the Ratings organization (including strategic operations, technology, analytical, commercial, etc.) and cross-divisionally with CRISIL and Market Intelligence. The Impact:
You will be the Content Lead for Cross-Sector & Innovation, play a key role on the Head of Content's leadership team, and serve as the primary point of contact for "all things content" related to your team across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including our analytical and commercial teams as well as Market Intelligence and CRISIL. You will also be accountable for the management of our most critical enterprise data systems. You have the opportunity to grow & develop the team responsible for advancing, growing, and delivering the end-to-end content flow for our most critical enterprise systems and for practice non-aligned content, including ESG and Cyber, to help drive our analytic and evaluation capabilities, customer satisfaction, business results and growth. Responsibilities:
Qualifications / What we're looking for
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high performing team of content experts, covering all content areas within that span multiple practices and our enterprise data systems, that can deliver content to customers (internal & external) effectively across the end-to-end pipeline
- Strong leader of people and change agent to guide transformation from a data and content organization to a high performing, customer-focused content organization functioning as one team.
- Place people and culture first in all that we do, using Lean Leadership and Management tools, build an empowered culture and inspiring workplace evidenced through employee engagement surveys and talent-led SMART goal setting
- Have a growth mindset and drive execution and ownership of a strong content portfolio that cross practices, that delivers on content strategy and key business objectives
- Drive new content creation - including for ESG, Cyber, and Green Evaluations - to meet existing and evolving customer needs, both internal & external, and owning the delivery / realization of business value
- Ensure your team works in tight coordination with the Ratings Technology team, particularly Data Services, including as part of scrum teams as necessary, to ensure project deliverables are on-time and commensurate with requirements
- Partner closely with Content Ops & Data Enablement teams to ensure an efficient, streamlined, and high quality end-to-end content value chain (including external dissemination)
- Foster and engage in close partnership with and across many key organizations, such as technology, analytical, strategic operations, product, and commercial
- Set up team members for success as project owners and other stretch assignments
- Manage communication & perform stakeholder management throughout the organization around cross-practice content, including content readiness, project status, customer needs, etc.
- Understand customer needs, both internal & external, and respond to their needs through the use learning agility
- Employ governance and data quality principles and use business and operational expertise to provide direction to the design of new processes.
- Lead change and role model and empower innovation, customer focus, and experimentation within your team
- Problem solves for ratings and reference content, take complete responsibility of driving for results, and provides solutions based on best practices and new perspectives for delivering content to market.
- Manage the design of new data & content management processes
- At least 5 years of content-related experience within the financial services industry
- Strong domain knowledge & content expertise with S&P Enterprise datasets, systems, and ancillary products
- Broad knowledge of operational principles, theories, and the business
- Management experience, within proven track record of developing strong performers, particularly in content-related domain
- Strong communication, stakeholder management, and influencing skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Agile (scrum) experience
- Content product experience a plus
- Data technical skills a plus (e.g. data querying, data analysis)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.