LatAm Credit Risk AVP
As a LatAm Credit Risk Assistant Vice President you will be tasked with carrying out credit analysis, sanctioning credit limits and ultimately approving credit risk for all financial institutions and sovereign obligors domiciled in Latin America.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Effective credit risk management (evaluation of risk/exposure management) of credits within the Latin America, particularly Peru, Chile and Colombia
• Providing in depth analysis and monitoring of the financial Institutions portfolio, including pension funds, banks, brokers, sovereign and quasi-sovereign entities
• Prudent and appropriate use of delegated discretion to approve the granting of credit approval in accordance with Bank policy
• Engaging in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/product areas
• Staying current with financial analysis and risk profile of the sector, borrowers and counterparties.
• Alerting senior management to negative developments and trends in the region and clients within the financial institutions sector
• Maintaining integrity of credit risk function whilst ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff
• Supporting ensuring that approvals are within the defined Limits and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, focusing on Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
• Experience in credit risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at a major institution
• Experience in analysing Latin American credits, encompassing sovereigns and sovereign-related entities, including the jurisdictional framework and legal environment
• Fluent in both written and verbal Spanish Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience covering Chile, Colombia and Peru
• An MBA, CPA, FRM, or CFA and Formal Credit training preferred
• Experience in negotiating credit and trading documentation (Credit Agreements, ISDAs, GMRAs, Term Sheets, etc.) for both local and cross border (external) jurisdictions
• Possess a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to drive for results, and track record of setting and achieving goals and meeting schedules Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
LI - RM2021