LATAM Analyst | Business Development
- $100,000 - $150,000
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Jan 18 2018-01-01
Commodity Analyst | Business Development | Global Commodities Analyst/Originator My Client is a commodity-focused Investment Fund - engaged in secured, trade finance loans to mid-market companies Globally. They are looking to hire an ambitious Analyst to be located in New York – the role will present the opportunity to quickly progress into Business Generation/Origination responsibilities – as such, my Client is looking to hire a technically strong analyst with demonstrable client facing capabilities.
My Client is looking for a proactive, solutions-oriented Credit Analyst who will be competent in fundamental credit analysis and exhibit the ability to communicate investment ideas in a clear manner. Moreover, the candidate will be expected to participate in the structuring and legal aspects of transactions.
The role is for a credit professional with the ability to not only analyse an investment but also facilitate all necessary transaction documentation and negotiate with external parties at any time during the life of a transaction. Over time, there is scope to take a more active role in sourcing and structuring transactions.
Initial Responsibilities to include:
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis and due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare and present internal investment recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Maintain financial models, investment memos and legal documents associated with the portfolio
- Interface with clients on a periodic basis as part of due diligence as well as maintenance of the portfolio
- Assist in the structuring and execution of transactions
- Assist with the ongoing management and monitoring of transactions
- Ad hoc reports/duties as required
The Successful Applicant will demonstrate:
- The applicant will have previously worked for an Investment bank, consulting firm or Private Practice.
- Capital structure analysis experience is strongly preferred
- Resourcefulness, energy and ability to work within deadlines
- Attention to detail, ability to crystallise key investment considerations and prioritise tasks
- Great listener with excellent probing and information gathering skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Language skills (ideally Spanish/Portuguese) and/or a demonstrable interest in International/Emerging markets