Junior Structurer / Trader for Bank Loan Finance
What is the opportunity?
The candidate will be responsible for assisting with all pre and post transaction execution functions such as preparing marketing pitches, term sheets, internal business and risk approval submissions as well as legal document review and trade booking and reporting for RBC's Bank Loan Financing Desk's product offerings.
RBC's Bank Loan Financing business was launched in early 2018 and is building out its trade support and reporting functions, so additional responsibilities will include assisting with business system specifications and testing plus risk monitoring and reporting.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating submissions and approvals for Commitment Committee, monitoring and reconciling the desk's daily PnL and position and Collateral pledges with clients and custodians. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong Excel and presentation skills to aid desk head with client pitches, return and profitability metrics and business projections and forecasts
- Daily trade booking and reconciliation with clients, custodians and internal support teams
- Ensuring collateral pledged for the desk's derivative transactions are met daily
- Represent the desk on certain internal and external/client meetings
- Processes a general understanding of any of the following; High Yield Credit Origination/Underwriting and or Secondary markets, Securitization products, or Credit Derivatives or Rating Agency methodology
- Work closely with Global Risk Management and Product Control and externally manage the desk's Custodial relationships
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (finance, accounting, business or related field preferred)
- Series 7 and 63
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
What's in it for you?
- Previous Debt Capital Markets or financial industry coverage experience preferred
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada's biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com .
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.