Junior Sales Development Executive
JobDescription : S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
A Sales Development Executive drives growth with current clients by finding opportunities to expand existing relationships through an expanded product offering. You will be expected to develop the strategy, perform outreach, and diagnose need for supply chain services within the Market Intelligence client base. In partnership with the Sales Associates and Product Specialists, you will be responsible for introducing key clients to the Panjiva solution and assessing whether the prospect is a good fit for our service. Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 7 The Location:
New York, NY The Team:
The Sales Development Team is responsible for creating more sales opportunities for revenue growth from our current Market Intelligence customers and filling the top of the funnel with qualified leads. What's in it for you:
- Experience calling into market leading companies
- Exposure to meetings with C-Suite and Director-level staff
- Part of a world-class sales team
- Work through assigned Market Intelligence accounts by segment to qualify potential prospects
- Identify the right group/users within an organization and engage them in a conversation about our supply chain product
- Develop an outreach strategy to drive appointments with Sales Associates
- Work on white space accounts and try to engage prospects in the buying process
- Grow product and sales knowledge by sitting in with various team members, attending the demos you set, and asking for feedback on a regular basis
- Intro new clients to the Relationship Manager to ensure they receive seamless, high-quality support
- Bachelor's degree required
- 0-1 year of experience in a sales support or account management role.
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Spanish speaking proficiency (Optional)
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers, etc.
- Solid organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.