Junior Portfolio Manager - Fixed Income Credit
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Junior Portfolio Manager - Fixed Income Credit, in our New York office. The Fixed Income Credit team is responsible for alpha idea generation, portfolio management, risk management, and analytics. This particular role will focus on the corporate investment grade market with some additional exposure to the high yield market.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 580 billion in assets as at 31 March 2017, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
- Individual will be responsible for daily risk analytics and reporting using various systems to produce risk reports and portfolio positioning.
- This includes monitoring duration positioning and sector/issuer exposures to align with the firm view.
- Responsibilities will also include p/l monitoring, performance attribution, and scenario analysis of portfolio holdings.
- Some internal and client reporting will also be required – focus on macro views and portfolio positioning.
- Individual will also track sector performance and spreads.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Is driven by the desire to know more about things, people or events.
- Accuracy: Is constantly attentive to the precision and thoroughness of the information sent and to the quality of the work; ensures that errors are minimized
- Organizational skills: Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible.
- Results driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity, and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Communication skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and / or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
- Integrating the multicultural dimension: Works with other cultures and businesses, integrating different interpersonal and working styles in his / her approach.
- Integrity: Acts ethically, in compliance with what is said and while respecting the company’s values and rules.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in fixed income and corporate securities.
- Progression toward the CFA designation a plus.
- Advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or related discipline coupled with excellent academic credentials.
- Must be available for full day to cover market activity (approx.7:30am – 5:00pm)
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.