Junior Compliance Analyst
Junior Compliance Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 The Location:
New York The Team:
The Junior Compliance Analyst within Ratings Compliance & Risk has a broad range of responsibilities supporting the Ratings Compliance & Risk function. The position is a part of the team that creates and maintains the S&P Global Ratings policies, creates, tracks and coordinates compliance training, oversees global compliance-related projects and presentations, and gathers data on certain global department activities, such as complaints, reviews and disciplinary actions. This role reports to the Global Chief Matrix Officer for Ratings Compliance & Risk. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ 46,200 to $105,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . The Responsibilities:
- Collect, monitor track compliance data across regions
- Assist with preparation of presentations and reports for boards, regulators, and internal audiences
- Prepare reports for compliance senior management
- Coordinate with colleagues across regions to ensure consistency
- Assist compliance officers in various tasks
- Maintain electronic files and databases and upload information as required
- Work with department senior management on special projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of experience related to compliance, audit, risk or regulatory management or financial services or other complex regulatory environment
- Experience with tracking issues and compiling data for reports
- Some understanding of operational or compliance risk management process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
About S&P Global Ratings
- An undergraduate degree
- 1-3 years post college experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to learn quickly and respond quickly
- Service oriented
- Interest in global work and able to work effectively with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good communicator with the ability to influence and challenge across all levels within the organization
- Interested in growing in the department over time
- Able to follow directions, but also a self-starter with good judgment
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word); experience with Tableau a plus. Interest in learning and ability to learn quickly other computer applications and packages
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RSKMGT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264516 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States