- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Compliance team within APG-Core Transaction Processing is responsible for building, supporting and enhancing the compliance platform on Aladdin. Tools developed by this team are used by various business groups such as Business Operations (Portfolio Compliance), PMG, Risk etc. The tools help implement the business process that is critical to BlackRock's operation in order to comply with regulatory guidelines.
This position is for a Lead Developer on the team. A successful candidate is expected to create and deliver software, have responsibility to execute projects from start to finish, work independently or with a project team.
- Responsible (in a leadership role) for designing and implementing facets of the next generation compliance engine.
- Provide leadership and direction to other junior developers and ensure adherence to the software lifecycle policies.
- Be part of a team that interacts with various business partners and stakeholders to gather requirements and suggest solution definitions.
- Ensure delivery of software solutions of the highest quality.
- Liaise with Business Analysts and Technical Leads to understand business requirements.
- Develop high quality software and associated unit tests.
- Write clear and concise documentation describing the technical solution.
- Diagnose, research and resolve software defects.
- Support test team in system, integration and user acceptance testing.
- Work with the Project Manager, Development Manager and Support Manager to participate in project planning and ongoing status reporting.
- Utilize configuration management tools to track and record all changes to software code or configuration.
- Work with the support/release management team to deploy software into test and production. environments, including ensuring that developed code and configurations are in accordance with defined standards.
- Participate in and conduct code reviews
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development. Financial sector preferred.
- Ability to work with business analysts and technical specialists.
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management abilities.
- 5+ years of application software development/integration
- 5+ years of Object Oriented design/programming
- 5+ years of Java experience, including experience with JUnit and Spring
- 5 years of Sybase, MS SQL Server, or Oracle experience, include creation of complex SQL, stored procedures and triggers
- 1 year of Unix
- Experience developing multi-threaded, transactional server side code in Java, with SQL and/or Hibernate, or equivalent experience
- Experience working on systems integration projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to details and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree – technical or engineering specialty preferred
- Financial knowledge and interest strongly recommended
A plus, but not required:
- Experience developing in C++ with standard library and BOOST
- Experience developing Swing based Java desktop applications
- Experience with open source web technology such as AngularJS, ReactJS etc.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.