The successful candidate will join a team that designs and develops a real-time equities pricing and risk system and will work hands-on with other developers, QA and production support teams. The team interacts with key stakeholders such as Portfolio Managers, Middle Office and Risk Managers. Must be a strong hands-on developer. Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment is a must. Principal Responsibilities
- Job requires building/maintaining real-time equities pricing and risk system.
- Writing documentation.
- Testing code via approved frameworks.
- 3 + years server side Java development
- Deep understanding of concurrent, multi-threaded application environments.
- Expertise in Object Oriented design, Design Patterns, Unit & Integration testing.
- Experience in developing real-time pricing/risk applications.
- Experience with middleware messaging platforms is required.
- General market knowledge of equities/derivatives/convertibles is desirable.
- 3+ years of working with financial positions data and market data.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux is required.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is required.
- B.S. in Computer Science (CIS) or Mathematics or Physics.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Documentation writing.