Java Big Data Software Engineer
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a part of this team, you will be at the heart of the digital transformation journey for our customers. Involve in technology innovations in Data Engineering, through the robust delivery of world-class solutions using cutting edge Big Data technologies. You will get an opportunity to work closely with the Data Scientists as we enhance our customer's digital experience using insights generated through analytics and machine learning.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
• Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java
• Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Strong Interpersonal, Communication, and Presentation skills
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Demonstrated experience with Hadoop and Spark
• Experience with NoSql data platforms (Cassandra/ HBase/ MongoDB), Messaging (Kafka/JMS),
• Good to have Stream processing (NiFi, Storm, Flink, Samza, etc.)
• Scala and Python knowledge is helpful
• Experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.