- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Issuer Services East Coast Sales
Issuer Services East Coast Sales
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19003685
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Selected applicant will be primarily responsible for product sales coverage for the Agency & Trust product suite for Corporate clients, Financial Sponsors, Financial Institutions and Law Firms on the East Coast of the U.S. Secondarily, she/he will be responsible for selling international debt trusteeship to US-based Issuers, and leading liability management services sales in the U.S. She/he will report directly to the NAM Head of Sales, in NY.
Responsibilities include prospecting and market review, sales marketing, client calling, client presentations, deal review, client qualifying and KYC, negotiation, closing, and management reporting. Regional travel required across the East Coast of the U.S., and periodic trips to the West Coast. Selected applicant will represent Citi to a broad range of clients, representing all products of Agency & Trust within the Issuer Services department of Citi Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA).
• Demonstrated successful experience (6 years or more) in Corporate Trust sales and/or business development with solid client relationships with corporate and financial sector clients.
• Knowledge of U.S. commercial banking markets,
• M&A related services and primary and secondary debt capital markets, including structured finance markets.
• Should be familiar with basic M&A markets and escrow, litigation settlement administration and collateral agent services.
• Should also have a comprehensive understanding of financial structures including corporate debt, structured and project finance vehicles.
• Knowledge of the ratings process and fixed income investors.
• Highly motivated self-starter with college or post-grad degree in business or finance.
• Language, Training: Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Works well in a diverse team and matrix-management environment.
• Highly professional and well-spoken demeanor.
• Able to understand deal documentation and to draft professional correspondence to internal and external parties.
• Able to successfully manage many ongoing client needs and execute sound judgment in a highly-compliant and transparent banking environment.
• Professional and personal maturity (e.g., ability to internalize feedback and use to improve performance, ability to stay calm under pressure).
• Solutions-oriented with problem-solving ability (e.g., resolve routine issues without unnecessary escalation, develop solutions to calendar conflicts/travel itineraries).
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint, Word. Good working knowledge of Excel. Comfortable learning new data systems (e.g., policies and procedures, general business applications and sales management systems).