Morgan Stanley Investment Management ("MSIM"), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Morgan Stanley Private Credit Platform ("MSPC") is the primary private credit platform at Morgan Stanley. MSPC sits within MSIM and has a proven long-term track record of investing in private credit. We primarily invest in directly originated middle market loans and invests throughout the capital structure across a wide range of industry sectors. Our investment teams bring significant expertise in structuring complex financial transactions and commitment to partnership with world class management teams. MSPC has over $14b investable capital dedicated to private credit across two strategies and 30+ investment professionals with offices in NY, CHI, and LA.
The two dedicated private credit strategies are:
- Direct Lending - with approximately $11.4b of investable capital. Strategy is executed through business development companies and private funds
- Credit Opportunities - with approximately $2.6b of investable capital. Strategy is executed through commingled private funds
A newly created role to help support marketing efforts of the direct lending strategy. The candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer of the direct lending strategy and will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer and other senior members of the team. The role will be responsible for developing and producing new marketing materials, due diligence questionnaires and additional ad hoc requests. In addition, the role will be responsible to keeping various marketing materials up to date. Candidate will also collaborate on an ongoing basis with various teams across the firm. Role Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales Team and Portfolio Managers to create external and internal content such as investor letters, marketing presentations, case studies and white papers
- Craft qualitative messaging and investor communications pertaining to current fund performance and positioning for DDQs and ad-hoc requests
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials for continuously offered vehicles
- Assist in preparation of material to the board of directors
- Assist with special projects
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative discipline; strong academic background
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally in Private Credit
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment, handle multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and specifically PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and intelligent with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Personal and professional integrity
Morgan Stanley and its affiliated companies are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or because of any other criteria prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Accordingly, applicants will be referred to Morgan Stanley solely on the basis of individual merit and achievement. Morgan Stanley takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other prohibited criterion.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.