Investor Relations Analyst
Description About this role
BlackRock's Investor Relations (IR) team is part of the Finance organization and supports the Board and management in effectively positioning the firm to deliver value for all of its stakeholders . The objective of the Investor Relations team is to provide information to shareholders and investment analysts on the strategic direction and financial results of the firm. The team maintains communication with the investment community and works to deepen their understanding of BlackRock's business model and its differentiators. The IR team also provides timely feedback from investors to BlackRock's management. IR is a very important group within BlackRock with a high degree of autonomy, responsibility, and visibility to senior management and external investors. Job Description:
The responsibilities of an Analyst on the team include:
- Assist in preparing key external disclosures, including quarterly earnings releases, Annual Reports and Proxy Statements
- Support the quarterly earnings process, including maintaining a database of key business metrics, producing prep documents for senior management, handling earnings call logistics and performing post-earnings analysis and summaries
- Assist in arranging and developing materials for shareholder engagements, including meetings, conferences, non-deal roadshows and Investor Days
- Perform valuation and analytical exercises for BlackRock and its competitors, including examining financial results, strategy, and research
- Review and analyze sell-side analyst models to better understand external forecasts of the firm's performance and share key insights with senior management
- Report on market performance, economic developments, regulatory issues and other public market information
- Monitor shareholder information, including changes in ownership at both the institutional and fund levels, and own and maintain CRM database
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 1-2 years of financial services experience in asset management or investment banking preferred
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Good judgment and outstanding ethics; desire to succeed in a fast paced, innovative, ambitious environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Cognos TM1, coding a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.