Investments Product Manager, Vice President/Associate
Description About this role Your team
Along with other core Investments teams, BlackRock's Global Lending and Liquidity group, which combines the activities of Global Securities Lending and Cash Management, helps our clients solve their investment challenges and strives to deliver persistent, long-term investment performance. Our investment professionals benefit from the resources of an elite technology firm that is differentiated by a team approach, integrated research and risk management. Your role and impact
Everyone at BlackRock has a role to play in owning the firm's future growth. We believe that diverse teams with complementary strengths are critical to our success. We are seeking a Product Manager at the Vice President/Associate level within Global Securities Lending, which handles approximately $300 billion in loans and provides outstanding performance through cutting-edge technology, sophisticated models and quantitative techniques. The successful candidate will work within a global Product Management team and will interface regularly with Trading, Product Strategy, Analytics, Technology and Operations. Your responsibilities
- Run the design and strategy of technology initiatives for our business and clients
- Perform due diligence and brainstorm new insights for initiatives
- Assist with scoping and assessing the viability of initiatives; prioritize initiatives against scarce resources; and manage the alignment of initiatives across regional and global forums
- Lead initiatives from research to implementation; support resolving and escalating issues to accelerate initiative delivery
- Guide our future technology needs by building market-leading solutions for our clients; and ensure system stability and platform continuity
- Focus on scaling our business across the three main pillars of Trading, Operations and Technology as part of this significant multi-year integration into BlackRock's ecosystem
- BA/BS degree in a Finance, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years project management, developer or business analysis experience, preferably in the financial industry, or similar analytical/technical work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and document complex concepts simply to stakeholders
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong internal and external client relationships
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SQL required. Other technical skills preferred (Aladdin, VBA, Business Objects, Unix, Python).
- Preferred, but Not Required: Securities Lending experience; history writing business/functional requirements and stories; and familiarity with Agile/Scrum
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.