- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Investment Support Associate
Investment Support Associate
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19010260
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
The role of the Investment Support Associate is to provide a wide variety of service and support to Banking Teams, Investment Counselors and Product Specialists across Citi Private Bank. The position focuses on servicing clients of Citi Private Bank by understanding their investment objectives, and working with team members to help deliver, facilitate and implement investment solutions.
• Provide high level of support, including but not limited to client market and price updates, new account opening and modification, documentation approval, wire transfers, journals, stock transfers, account maintenance, capital call notices, fixed income maturities, settled free cash, reorganization notices, performance reporting, Executive Financial Services requests
• Take market orders, provide timely execution and follow up
• Build and maintain relationships with client base, be familiar with target clients for various investment products and offerings
• Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and time management very important
• Manage high call volume, screen and prioritize phone calls, take initiative with client inquiries
• Liaise with Private Banking partners including Private Bankers, RO's and Product Specialists
• Create proposals and client presentation materials. Additionally, may attend client meetings, audit sales calls and investment reviews, and help follow-up with clients and bankers
• Help support the senior members of the investment team in their delivery of investment solutions to clients.
• Monitor and provide guidance on the markets to internal and external clients, incorporating the views of The Private Bank's Investment Committee
- Licensing: Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66, 31 to be obtained upon hire per policy
- BA degree
- At least 2 years of prior professional experience or related occupation
- Able to work without direction
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients
- Excellent written and communication skills