Investment Services Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Oct 18
Investment Services Associate
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Overview of Role
The individual in this position will join a team of associates tasked with carrying out production data quality management responsibilities associated with the flow of data to our Investment Data Warehouse (IDW) and downstream data marts used in both internal and external reporting. This role requires data management experience, knowledge of financial markets and proficiency in the use of technology tools to interrogate large volumes of data across multiple source systems and environments. It involves conducting root cause analysis of data exceptions, responding to end user inquiries, participating in testing system enhancements and engaging in continuous DQM process improvement. The individual in this position must also be able to communicate effectively with business, operations, and technology staff.
The IDW Data Management Team is responsible for data management of New York Life's Investment Data Warehouse (IDW). The IDW is a comprehensive enterprise data repository for position, transaction, performance, reference and analytic data. The IDW is continually being expanded and enhanced. This role is critical to the on-going success of the application, ensuring a high level of confidence in platform accuracy for the business.
Description of Responsibilities
1. Monitor production data quality for the IDW respecting established procedures and introduce new controls as needs evolve. This includes monitoring automated reconciliation and exception reporting for all data feeds to the IDW and following up with data providers, data owners and IT staff as necessary.
2. Repair data on an exception basis. Analyze root cause for data issues using query tools to trace data flow back to the source system and data owner.
3. Communicate data issues to data owners in order to make changes in source systems whenever possible.
4. Respond to inquiries from users of IDW data and resolve data quality questions or concerns.
5. Maintain the IDW data dictionary.
6. Maintain data harmonization code translation tables in the IDW as business needs change.
7. Communicate daily and month end environment reporting readiness to all users.
8. Maintain and enhance tools used to support the DQM function, including exception reporting, processing dashboards, reconciliations and data repair tools. Provide specifications and testing for new DQM tools and controls.
9. Maintain and report data quality metrics to management, including support for Sarbanes Oxley certification.
1. Education Level: BA/BS in Business Administration/Finance concentration
2. Industry Experience: 2-4 Years industry experience in Data Quality Management
3. Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of Fixed Income and Equity securities across a broad array of products and markets. Experience with accounting, trading, decision support, or performance measurement & attribution solutions a plus.
1. Crystal Reports. MS Excel Pivot Tables. Knowledge of SQL preferred (query/import/export/external data connections). Familiarity with relational databases. MS Visio is a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.