Investment Operations Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Compliance Solutions Strategies
- 17 Jan 19
Compliance Solutions Strategies has a current opening in our NYC office for an Investment Operations Analyst. Our Data & Analytics Team drives the regulatory intelligence underpinning our software solutions. The team develops a deep understanding of regulatory data requirements, creates and maintains financial calculations within our suite of regulatory reporting applications, and assists with the automation of data flows. Additionally, the Financial Data & Analytics team supports our client-facing personnel in resolving operational and back-office related questions.
The Investment Operations Analyst will partner with the product development, legal, implementation, and support teams to analyze data requirements, translate these requirements into specifications, and define data flows. The Investment Operations Analyst will also work to add new regulatory forms/requirements to our existing reporting platforms.
- Analyze data requirements for new regulatory reporting obligations that will be added to our platforms
- Develop client-specific data mappings and integration requirement specifications to improve and automate workflows
- Guide clients on data strategies and serve as subject matter expert for regulatory reporting questions related to asset type breakdown, counter-party exposure, risk analysis, investor classification, and trading activities
- Prepare data sets to solve/test compliance-related financial data processing problems
- Expand existing data schemas, implement financial calculation logic, define changes to source data templates, provide business user perspective, and deliver additional insights that improve our solutions
- Review, analyze, and interpret compliance-related financial data
- Resolve data exceptions/troubleshoot issues and provide feedback to clients
- Partner with regulatory attorneys, product business analysts, developers, QA, and support team as required to complete tasks and projects
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Information Technology, or related
- 3-5 years in a middle/back office fund accounting, reporting, data, business analysis, or compliance role within the financial services industry
- Must be familiar with regulatory reporting (13F, AIFMD Annex IV, CPO-PQR, Form N-PORT, Form PF, MiFID II, Open Protocol, PRIIPs, Solvency II, TIC forms, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of financial products
- Strong SQL and Excel skills
- Strong understanding of technology
- Ability to bridge technical and non-technical areas within a company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Critical thinker
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Private fund or mutual fund experience is a plus
- Knowledge of regulations affecting asset managers is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with financial data providers is a plus
Compliance Solutions Strategies is a newly formed global-scale software provider, combining decades of experience across four legacy companies. CSS uniquely brings together innovative technology-driven solutions to support financial services firms in navigating a clear and strategic path through the complex and overlapping regulatory requirements they face globally. Our services cover a full range of compliance disciplines spanning regulatory reporting, regulatory data management and distribution, post-trade monitoring and analytics, and compliance management and best practice. CSS offers a true growth opportunity, domestically and internationally.