Investment Management Strategy and Product Development
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Strategy & Product Development role is part of the Investment Management Business Development (IMBD) team. IMBD plays an integral role in helping to grow our Investment Management business, which leverages Two Sigma's research, data, and technology-driven approach to provide investment solutions to leading institutional investors globally. The IMBD group works across teams in modeling / portfolio management, engineering, and investor relations, as well as with colleagues in operational and regulatory-focused areas, to develop and implement our business strategy, cultivate business partnerships, generate and execute on new product ideas, deliver on business expansion initiatives, and drive further operating efficiency for our portfolios and the broader business. Over just the past few years, IMBD has led the successful launch of dozens of new funds and related investment products for Investment Management's global institutional investors.
The Strategy & Product Development role will focus on creating new investment products and driving enhancements to existing products, e.g., developing new investment strategies, expanding to new markets or asset classes, and implementing new trading techniques or financing arrangements. Responsibilities will include leading cross-org projects to research, evaluate, and launch new investment products. In addition, there will be opportunities to shape and execute on the broader Investment Management business strategy.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop actionable recommendations
- Demonstration of high intellectual capacity and curiosity; understanding of financial markets and the investment lifecycle is a plus
- Strong work ethic (takes ownership), self-starter and quick-study mentality; ability to work independently yet also lead and inspire cross-functional teams
- Project management and communication skills with demonstrated ability to gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Python (pandas) is a plus
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, or a related discipline with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- 6-10 years' total work experience, with 3+ years' experience specifically within management consulting, internal strategy and strategic projects, product development, or equivalent; applicable industry and/or investment product experience is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.