Investment Management - Alternative Investment Distribution Management Analyst
Morgan Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 714 investment professionals around the world and $665 billion in assets under management or supervision as of June 30, 2020. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
MSIM Alternative Investments is the direct and multi-manager private investing platform within Morgan Stanley's Investment Management Division (MSIM), one of the Firm's three principal business lines. MSIM Alternatives manages and advises approx. $112 billion in assets under management on behalf of its clients, which include corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth fund intermediaries, and high net worth investors worldwide. It has among the broadest range of alternative investment strategies in the industry, which includes three major asset classes: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, and Private Credit & Equity. Thirteen independent investment teams with local presence in twenty-six cities around the world offer best-in-class capabilities leveraging Morgan Stanley's access, insights and expertise across the globe.
Alternative Investments Distribution Management Overview
The Private Credit & Equity (PC&E) Distribution Management's team within MSIM's Global Sales and Distribution group is focused on managing capital raising activities for alternative investment funds. The team works closely with the investment teams, the global sales teams across both institutional and intermediary channels and marketing to plan and execute private capital raises. The team focuses on ensuring that accumulated learnings on investor preferences and appetites are leveraged to drive an effective and efficient fundraising process. Highlights & Key Responsibilities:
The PC&E Distribution Management team is seeking a thoughtful, articulate, results-oriented, and collaborative analyst who has the ability to manage multiple tasks from start to finish, including:
Qualifications: Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working directly with senior and junior members of the PC&E Distribution Management team to assist in day to day tasks of managing various fundraises at once time
- Creating presentation decks (internal and external), setup of data room, completion of DDQs, completion of country registrations, etc.
- Tracking sales / marketing activities in the Salesforce system including detailed next steps on a per prospect basis
- Leveraging alternative databases to run prospect searches and consolidate data / information, work with the findings to present in a comprehensive summary / report as appropriate
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services, preferably in an institutional setting (private capital raising or private capital markets experience a plus)
- Strong analytical and computer skills; solid Excel skills required for extensive data sorting, filtering, and presenting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, comfort working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work well under pressure including a proven ability to multi-task and re-prioritize on the fly
- Self-starter with "can-do" attitude and approach with attention to detail