- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Investment Lab - Family Office Analyst
Investment Lab - Family Office Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19024962
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Global Investment Lab is an integral part of Citi Private Bank's investments organization, dedicated to delivering comprehensive, analytical and highly customized investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for ultra-high-net-worth relatiobnships. The position has a responsibility for driving results, enabling sales and enhancing the bank's revenue generating efforts. This role will have a primary focus on supporting Family Offices client coverage within regions in North America - US, Canada and Latin America.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation. The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in the Private Bank and across Citi. The Lab for Family Offices (LFO) group delivers capabilities and insights tailored to meet the needs of large complex Family Offices all around the globe. Enabling insitutional Family Offices to leverage all of Citi's capabilities is an important function of this team. Providing deeper portfolio insights and thought leadership that is customized is a key component of this team's responsibility.
The Analyst will have the opportunity to work with the Family Offices to scale and globalize the content and advice, create portfolio insights, develop thought leadership content, partner with Lab team to advice on bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. He/She will be responsible for coverage of specific regions within North America and Latin America.
The Analyst is expected to facilitate client engagement by collaborating with the Lead Lab Analyst, bankers and Investment Counsellors to identify issues, establish the right approach for the Family Office investment needs, in conducting portfolio analysis and be able to discuss the results directly with the client. He/she will develop content around core competencies for Citi, creating "touch points" for coverage and develop Lab for Family Offices platform.
This position would suit a proactive and energetic analyst with a sales/commercial mindset, and the ability to manage his/her time around business priorities. The opportunities for skill-set growth are high because of the wide range of subjects covered.
Portfolio Insights and Thought Leadership
• Develop specific insights that are very critical for Family Office engagement around best practices, investment plan, aggregation, asset allocation and portfolio construction based on Citi Private Bank's experience working with various Family Offices.
• Leverage existing applications to analyze asset allocations across the Family Office segment and create recommendations on portfolio allocations and advice.
• Build risk management and investment strategies based on best practices from the Lab and analytical tools for this segment incorporating holistic balance sheet approach.
Developing Scalable LFO Platform
• Expand menu of analytical service offerings dedicated to the Family Office segment through new tools and methodologies and enhance existing offerings where necessary.
• Customize service offerings for the various LFO segments depending on the client needs and understanding the risk appetite of the client.
• Design customized asset allocation strategies for LFO segments using proprietary and standard models that is comprehensive and emphasis on multi-asset class.
• Modulalize and scale the platform for increasing client engagement and penetrating the LFO target segment relatively quickly.
• Focus on innovation when building new capabilities and scaling the advice along with maintaining a disciplined data universe.
Systematic and regional execution of LFO business strategy
• Execute the LFO business strategy regionally leveraging the LFO platform and insights
• Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors to develop actionable advice for LFO target market clients.
• Consistent work towards developoing innovative solutions, tools and framework for Global Investments organization.
• Position relevant CPB's global and regional themes.
• Identify opportunities for CPB and our client segments via analysis of the book of business and markets/product trends
• Enhancing vision and business strategy for the LFO segment and building the knowledge base ammongst the wider coverage teams
• Develop a clear client engagement strategy to increase frequency of client engagement, quality of client engagement and opportunities to attract new clients to the firm.
• Inclusive investment and portfolio positioning and/or research, liaising with regional and global counterparts across the Private Bank and Citi as a whole.
• Participate in development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical tools and methods.
• Consistently follow and support regulatory policies
• Experience working with Sophisticated Family Offices with diverse needs is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of the themes and trends in the Family Office community
• Extensive knowledge of driving an effective, collaborative culture in a complex organization
• Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographic lines
• Advanced knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies.
• Solid knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments.
• Familiarity with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools.
• Strong written / verbal / proposal communication skills.
• Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
• Travel: 25%
• Educational: Bachelor's degree or higher
• Regulatory Qualification Requirements: Need to get series 7, 66, and 31 registration within 6 months of hire
• Knowledge of credit products, lendable values and Investment Finance as a whole; basic knowledge of trust and insurance
• 5+ years of relevant financial industry experience highly desirable.