Investment Banking Vice President, Healthcare – New York
Our US Investment Banking team is in an exciting growth phase. Due to the continued success within the Equity Capital Markets Division, we are looking to expand the team in our New York Office.
- Analysis and relationship building with companies which are covered by the rapidly expanding research department
- Experience in IPO drafting and deal execution is highly preferred
- Searching for non-covered therapeutic companies with innovative strategies that thematically align with our research verticals
- Work closely with corporate access teams to profile candidates for Non-deal Road Shows (NDRs)
- Attend industry events; organize activity/invitations (for corporates) to Berenberg Events, Conferences, etc.
- Support US Lead and Joint-Bookrunner Underwritten transactions (public IPOs and follow on offerings & support private raises)
- 3-5 years of experience at an Investment Bank in ECM, or Corporate Finance with an emphasis on Equities, Healthcare background preferred
- Capable of conducting independent fundamental and financial analysis of private and publicly-listed companies in diverse industries
- Experience with financial modeling including broad valuation techniques is required
- A data-driven background is highly desirable
- Requires a strong ability to work on independent projects; as well as coordinate projects that require a collaborative approach from multiple divisions
- Strong knowledge with data sources such as Bloomberg, FactSet, S&P Capital IQ, Dealogic and IPREO along with broad experience using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Series 63 & 79 required
Berenberg Capital Markets LLC (BCM) is a FINRA-registered US-based broker-dealer; its headquarters are located in New York, with branches in Boston and San Francisco. BCM is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Berenberg), one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks, established in 1590. Together BCM and Berenberg cover over 1,100 European and US equities, with a 150+ person research department based out of London and NYC. Building on its strength and expertise across multiple industries, BCM continues to rapidly expand the breadth of research, sales, trading and capital markets services it offers, in order to assist its institutional and corporate clients’ access to the global equity markets. BCM adopts the same principles as its parent company and is committed to building long-term relationships with its clients based on high levels of accountability, responsibility, insight, vision and expertise.