Investment Banking Vice President - Equity Capital Markets
What is the opportunity?
The role will support the Investment Banking Equity Capital Markets team at RBC. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Transaction execution, new business presentations and meetings, and other such duties
- Working with Associates and Analysts in development of pitch books and related client materials
- Developing client relationships, developing business opportunities, transaction execution and other such duties
- Coordinating with Industry, Product and other groups to evaluate and originate new business ideas/opportunities
- Building RBC's presence in the above referenced area and/or assist with other areas as directed by the Firm
- Identifying and pursuing investment banking business opportunities in furtherance of agreed budgets and plans
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required, consistent with the purposes for which you are being hired and your background, experience and prior business activity
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree and MBA, MA, or MS or equivalent emphasis in finance/accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Investment Banking, of which at least 3 are in the Equity Capital Markets space
- Solid understanding of capital markets and spreadsheet modeling
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests
- Proficiency with personal computers and standard productivity applications
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Maintains high standards of professional and ethical conduct, demonstrates ability to represent RBC in community and industry activities
- Series 79 and Series 63 licenses
- Value and possess strong competency in the following behaviors: Collaboration, Relationship Building, Communication, Integrity and Operating with Diverse and Inclusive Mindset
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.