Investment Banking Restructuring Associate (New York)
The Associate position is in Lazard's Financial Restructuring Group and will be based in New York.
Restructuring Associates work as part of client teams which provide a wide range of services, including general financial advice, advice on capital structure, out-of-court restructurings and recapitalizations, chapter 11 reorganizations, creditor negotiations, raising capital and mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on complex assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives.
Day-to-day activities of an Associate include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to Analysts, among other activities.
Our Financial Restructuring Group specializes in helping companies in financial distress and is an important strategic component of our Financial Advisory business. Through a combination of restructuring and industry-related expertise, we have solidified our place as the leading financial restructuring advisory firm in the world.
• Experience from an investment bank, law firm, turnaround advisory firm, asset management/alternative asset management firm or corporate position. Candidates currently wrapping up an MBA or JD Program will also be considered.
• Top academic performer who is comfortable in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• Ability to manage junior bankers
• Strong quantitative background
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Team player