Investment Banking (Credit) COO - Risk, VP-DIR, New York
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Credit Risk focus
- Developing an end-to-end counterparty credit risk framework for Credit
- Building new tools and/or improving existing tools to measure counterparty risk on a pre-trade and post-trade basis
- Ensuring appropriate risk monitoring and oversight of in-business counterparty credit risk including regulatory changes, stress models/tools, credit assessment, risk reporting and customer concern/governance model
- Engaging with Trading, Sales, Finance and Credit Risk Management on bespoke transactions and ensure accurate reflection of trade-specific risks
- Analyze the control environment including periodic review of key controls, vetting of new systems, processes, policies and procedures associated with and/or related to market and/or credit risk and ensuring they are in line with market practices
- Define and improve Client on-boarding approval process in collaboration with GM Clients, CRM and Sales/Trading/ Finance
- Control and track client risk profile and alignment with client investment strategy
- Monitor Credit client portfolios/ performance based on risk metrics, risk and capital usage and profitability criteria
- Participate in Client tiering and sales strategy with Sales and COO
- Develop and utilize risk management tools for the measurement, monitoring and management of exposures
- Perform regular analysis as well as customized risk analysis. Communicate key findings to senior management.
- Equivalent experience within CRO, CRM or in the Front Office, with a demonstrated aptitude and understanding of derivative products
- Equivalent work experience operating at senior levels of the organization with the ability to be a 'trusted advisor' to senior management. Not afraid to further debate and challenge management when appropriate
- Self-starter with proven ability to make difficult decisions and deliver solutions with minimal direction; attention to detail and quality are paramount
- Ability to handle a full workload, accurately and efficiently, multi-tasking to prioritize in order to meet challenging timelines in a fast paced environment
- Experience in dealing with audit, operational risk, control functions and front-to-back processes
- Ability to work both as part of an international team, but also independently as required!
- Strong communication skills! Superb communicator who is able to liaise with all levels of seniority and explain potentially complex ideas and issues
- Demonstrated career progression so far with a track record of achievement
- Outstanding educational background i.e. degree in a finance or quantitative subject
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.